Porsche Babblers

Porsche Babblers (http://babblers.org/porsche-boxster-cayman-forums.php)
-   Boxster / Cayman (http://babblers.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   GoKartRacer anyone ? (http://babblers.org/showthread.php?t=12159)

ChrisZang January 10th, 2011 10:09 PM

GoKartRacer anyone ?

OK,

in an effort to pump a little more life into a) this forum and b) the (winter) social life of Bay Area Boxster drivers, I am starting a thread, asking who would be interested in a few laps at GoKartRacer (http://www.gokartracer.com/index.php) in Burlingame.

Racegirl, hvangeel and I are regulars there, but it would be fun to add a few more fellow Babblers to the group

Just reply if you are generally interested and then we can see if we get something together.

SteveW January 11th, 2011 12:38 PM

I'm up for it. I'm old, fat and slow so I make a good moving chicane :)

hvangeel January 11th, 2011 02:57 PM

Unfortunately I will be traveling to the Midwest for the foreseable future and won't be able to make our typical Tuesday night race...

ChrisZang January 11th, 2011 08:27 PM

when will you be back?

hvangeel January 11th, 2011 09:25 PM

Thursday night ;-) Fridays will work going forward... Probably commuting for the rest of the winter. At least a couple of months.

BoxsterBob - San Carlos January 12th, 2011 09:13 AM

My schedule has been pretty crazy, but I'd love to try it. Post the info and if I can make it I will! :)

2000S GR January 12th, 2011 01:53 PM

My schedule is complicated also, but let me know and I will try to come. This would be my first time. Would that be an issue?

ChrisZang January 12th, 2011 08:56 PM

WOW! Thanks for all the responses :D

So, here's a little background: GoKartRacer has two tracks on which they run sessions in parallel. They offer two kind of sessions
a) Practice (15 ~ 20 min)
b) Race (which contains 5 minutes qualifying and 10 minutes race), actually sounds better than it is, it's basically a glorified practice run

So, on Tuesdays they offer "triple shot Tuesdays", meaning you get three practice sessions for the price of two, and as I am always the bargain shopper, I'd propose that we meet on a Tue for "triple shot".
And believe me, after 3 x 15 min sessions you wonder how Michael Schumacher looks so fresh after a 2 hour F1 race ;-)

I'll be on a business trip next week, so how about we shoot for Tue 1/25 ?

I work in Mountain View, so I need to fight my way in the evening commute all the way up to Burlingame, so 6:30 to 7:00 is the earliest I can make it

They DO take reservations, but a) You need to be a larger group and b) you need to pay up front (for reservations that is), so I guess that's out of the question.
So I figure we need to be walk-ins and for that to work we all need to be there at the same time to end up in the same sessions, so no late comers pls.

So let me know, if Tue 1/25 at either 6:30 or 7 PM works for you guys.

First timer is no problem, this is about FUN not competition.

So what else is there to know?
You need to bring:
a) driver's license
b) closed toed shoes (no problem in the winter)
c) a form of payment (If I recall it right it's around $45 for triple shot, first timers need to pay $10 for first registration)
d) I always bring a fresh T-Shirt to change afterwards, because it's usually soaked in sweat after your're done

They provide you with helmet and driving suit (of course you can use you own gear if you have some).

And if we finish at a reasonable time we can do some bench racing afterward in the Burlingame Station and lie to each other how good we were :D

clemsonc January 14th, 2011 05:28 PM

I will try to see if I can make it.

ChrisZang January 17th, 2011 09:47 AM

Gang,

greetings from SFO (on my way to cold Boston)

except for a few maybes I haven't gotten any responses to my last post :D
So I hope it won't be a problem for anyone if we rescheduled for Tue Feb 1st at 6:45 PM

Role call! (meaning let me know who's game)

Cheers
Chris