Porsche Babblers

Porsche Babblers (http://babblers.org/porsche-boxster-cayman-forums.php)
-   Racing (http://babblers.org/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Boxster headed to the track Saturday (http://babblers.org/showthread.php?t=10533)

Grantsfo October 24th, 2008 07:07 AM

Boxster headed to the track Saturday
 
New partial cage, Recaro seats and new Momo wheel are all installed. Now I get to test the Boxster on Infineon this Saturday. It will be intersting see how a 2.5 does on track with a few suspension mods and a little weight removed. Should be fun!

Anyone here registered for TMR event at Infineon on Saturday?

Also have a question related to baseline pressures with BFG R1 DOT R. What are people running with these tires on track in Boxsters? I have no clue where to start. Was thinking mid 30's cold?

Docdanracy October 24th, 2008 10:29 AM

sounds like the car will be fun Grant...

a wee bit heavier than the Jolly Roger though....;)

you will still be able to show your tail pipes to some more expensive and higher HP iron.........:eek:

this will be your maiden track voyage with the Boxster, correct?

Grantsfo October 24th, 2008 03:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Docdanracy (Post 53126)
sounds like the car will be fun Grant...

a wee bit heavier than the Jolly Roger though....;)

you will still be able to show your tail pipes to some more expensive and higher HP iron.........:eek:

this will be your maiden track voyage with the Boxster, correct?

Yes first time out in the Porsche with lipstick. Tough to get good pictures with the top on but here are a couple.

Docdanracy October 24th, 2008 03:20 PM

so you have removed the stock seats, wheel and all the carpet behind the seats?
stock roll hoops and the convertible top?
looks like all the trim and stuff is gone from the top as well.

looking goood.

I like the momo wheel:D

Docdanracy October 24th, 2008 03:27 PM

seems strange looking at a 3 pod Boxster guage set up again. I have already gotten used to seeing the 5 guage pod in the 911.
:eek:

Grantsfo October 24th, 2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docdanracy (Post 53131)
so you have removed the stock seats, wheel and all the carpet behind the seats?
stock roll hoops and the convertible top?
looks like all the trim and stuff is gone from the top as well.

looking goood.

I like the momo wheel:D


Yes everything from seats back has been stripped. Convertible top, motors , etc all removed. Rear half of spec boxster cage is installed. Rear shock towers are nicely reinforced now. Top gutted and it actually bolts directly to the cage. Nice weight savings of about 100 lbs so far.

clemsonc October 24th, 2008 03:33 PM

Is Infineon open for people to watch? I never been to Infineon before.
I will be interested to go there and watch (or maybe take some pictures).

Docdanracy October 24th, 2008 03:36 PM

that is great progress in a short time Grant.:D
so you went to the rear shock towers similar to Bill's car? Nice.

Clemson, you should be able to sign a waiver and take pics without any issues. But it may be a shared event so I would try to see who is actually renting the track...sounds like TMR might be just renting some run sessions from another organizer?

looks like it would still be a fairly nice DD other than a bit more sound...

ChrisZang October 24th, 2008 03:43 PM

just rub it in :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docdanracy (Post 53132)
seems strange looking at a 3 pod Boxster guage set up again. I have already gotten used to seeing the 5 guage pod in the 911.
:eek:


Docdanracy October 24th, 2008 03:47 PM

Hey Chris, missed you at the last TH timetrial.

I am loving having a 911 again. the 3.6L has a ton of torque:D
suspension should happen this winter...
then it will be ready for some track time.

Grant's car is going to be very nice when done.:)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.