Porsche Babblers

Porsche Babblers (http://babblers.org/porsche-boxster-cayman-forums.php)
-   Mechanical and Technical (http://babblers.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   1999 Boxster Window regulator (http://babblers.org/showthread.php?t=13106)

Gary McNair December 15th, 2017 03:46 PM

1999 Boxster Window regulator

My 1999 Boxster seems to have a failed drivers side window regulator. The window doesn't drop the small amount when the outside handle is moved. Today when I drove it there is a grinding against glass sound when the window is actuated, both up and down.
So I've been quoted $650 to replace, etc.

How does this sound, I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth area /

Thks,
Gary

jamesbond July 12th, 2018 12:00 AM

1999 Boxster Window regulator

Hello

The Porsche Boaster Window Regulator is the part that directs motive force to move a car's

CatalogGuy September 28th, 2018 07:03 AM

Hi Gary,

Were you able to get this resolved, and was it the regulator? I am having the same problem with my 2000, although no grinding. It all seems to work ok, but the glass does not drop, and I can manipulate its position a bit by hand if I try.

Oggie September 28th, 2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatalogGuy (Post 65513)
Hi Gary,

Were you able to get this resolved, and was it the regulator? I am having the same problem with my 2000, although no grinding. It all seems to work ok, but the glass does not drop, and I can manipulate its position a bit by hand if I try.

This will definitely be the window mechanism. The cable stretches as it ages, resulting in slack that results in the window not moving enough. I replaced my window mechanisms (both drivers and then passenger not long after). I replaced the Drivers side with a genuine Porsche unit which was expensive and worked OK. The Passenger side I replaced with a URO premium unit which have ball bearings instead of bushes. The Passenger side unit works much better (smoother and faster) than the Drivers.

djcluv123 January 29th, 2019 10:14 PM

I'm not aware with that so far..
deer hunting games

Chris889 February 21st, 2019 08:53 AM

Take it from Oggie. I had the same problem with mine but just got them replaced.

ted hunter April 9th, 2019 06:38 AM

found a lot of useful information, thanks!

Martin@Alaska May 4th, 2019 09:26 AM

Hi, I have a slightly different problem. When I lift the door handle the window drops, but when the door handle is released it returns to the fully up position. So when you close the door, it returns to the up position before the door has has closed, as in as soon as you release the door handle.

Martin@Alaska May 4th, 2019 11:28 PM

Is there any action here ?

I am looking for thoughts about my window problem.

Jaysamieh May 10th, 2019 03:16 PM

Second here, I had the same problem and it took me so long to figure it out, but turns out a simple replacement fixes the problem!
electrical diagnosis​