View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2013, 08:41 PM   #9
boxsterman1

Cool question about hardtop cost

Hello,
I am just curious how much did they quote you for a 987 hardtop. I can not find any of them for less than $2000. Have any idea where I can purchase it used i dont care, it can be from a 2005-2007.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaxster View Post
The site keeps reminding me that I haven't posted for a while. Since I had nothing Boxster-related more interesting to report than that I love driving my base 987, here is this:

Today, for the second time and at a different dealership, I asked for a best price on a new Porsche hardtop for my Boxster. Watch what you wish for! They quoted me an out-the-door price that was equal to the other dealership's discounted price before tax. I said "Thank you very much. I would like one, please."

So on Tuesday I will have the new hardtop fitted on my Boxster. I already own the rolling cart (putting the cart before the horse, so to speak, I'd bought it just after getting this Boxster, since it was on sale.) I will get the hardtop fitted, test it for a few days, then uninstall it at home until the rain starts ("the rain" is California dialect for "winter", if you didn't know.)

I will report and post photos when the hardtop is installed.

Best,

Snaxster
boxsterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote