View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2014, 07:11 PM   #8
JFP in PA
Member
 
JFP in PA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: It's a kind of magic.....
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Dally View Post
I let it beep for 10 minutes and it still wouldn't respond to the key in the door or ignition - or let me pop the hood.

I'm going to try trickle charging it through the lighter. The battery is currently clamping everything to about 2V.
Connecting a maintainer to the lighter circuit is not going to be able to pass enough current (read amps) to bring the battery up, the wiring is just too small to handle it. You would be better off connecting another battery via the fuse panel.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote