View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2001, 10:47 AM   #1
Calvin Cheng

Got a ticket and then overheated my brakes

It's been a really costly Friday as I drove up to Thunderhill for the Donuts Racing event.
Got nailed first for going 92mph in a 70mph zone 11 miles from the Willows exit. I was kinda getting sleepy so wasn't paying much attention.
Next, my brake fluid overheated. I was telling myself how well the car was braking until it went out on me. I was very hard on the brakes this time round (probably more so than necessary given my skill level). Brake fluid was leaking out of the front left caliper. I lost all braking on the track and had to go off and then spun back to the other side. A more sobering thought is that I could have hit something if it's Laguna Seca and not Thunderhill.
I have ordered a Valentine One. A little too late this time Would be looking at the hack pages for tips, maybe needing Dan's mount.
I figure I should also have put on Pagid pads instead of the OEM ones a few weeks ago.
I also need to replace my brake fluid.
What do you guys recommend? What about steel brake lines, and if so, from who? Are there any cold air duct kits for Boxster brakes?
I'm also looking into a short shifter and pedals to aid my very bad shifting.