Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old October 13th, 2004, 11:23 PM   #1
Kevin S.

California Speedway

Howdy from down south! I spent my Columbus day discovering the infield sports car track at California Speedway with ESPN-Russell Racing. It was only one day and we didn't get a ton of track time but it was still fun. The best parts were the facility - AMAZING - and getting some professional instruction. Of course getting turned loose on a really well kept track was fun too. Being a major venue for NASCAR, the whole place is top notch. I'm used to putting my stuff under a tree or just out in a parking lot but they had us in the professional paddocks sharing space with NASCAR crews. We also had some "Herbie the Love Bugs" as they were filming the movie on part of the big oval.

The event was not a PCA event but there was mostly PCA people. There were four GT3's and four 996 TT's. Wowsers! There were four Boxsters including my own. I got a great view of the GT3's as they routinely blew past me. There were also some more "interesting" cars: 1984 380SL, Cayenne TT, M-B S55, Ford Focus (bone stock), and a Ford F150 Lightning.

For anyone who has thought about this school, which is based out of Infineon, they're well organized and run a professional event. As I said, I wished we got more seat time but it was decent. There was very little classroom; about an hour in the morning was all. Price is decent if you can get it during a promotion otherwise it becomes more sensible to go with Tracquest. That's next on my list.

Check out the pics. The Zenith Blue Boxster is mine and the Guards Red 996 is a friend of mine that I convinced to come out.

California Speedway pics
Kevin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2004, 08:32 AM   #2
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

Looks like you had a great time! The only thing missing is the thousands of spectators in the stands to cheer you on!

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman