Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 7th, 2010, 07:41 AM   #1
offshore

Ordered My ROW M030 Suspension

FYI if you are considering the ROW M030 suspension upgrade for your 986 Boxster our local dealer Sonnen Porsche beat Suncoast Porsches price. Suncoast was the recommended dealer to go to when I posted questions about the suspension around the net but Sonnen beat their price by $20 after CA tax and I would have still had to tack on shipping from Suncoast. I'm looking forward to getting the suspension installed at Flintworks and testing the car out at Laguna Seca in September.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #2
vitaminC

Cool, sounds fun!
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #3
KenJ

...what year is your car?... somewhere along the line I had "heard" that the '03S already had part of the ROW MO30 in the AR bars (but not the shorter springs).

kj
'73 911 E, #44, GGR AX 11
KenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #4
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJ View Post
...what year is your car?... somewhere along the line I had "heard" that the '03S already had part of the ROW MO30 in the AR bars (but not the shorter springs).

kj
Mine's a '99, not an S, and I get 4 new Bilsteins, 4 European springs, and two new sway bars of larger diameter along with all the new teflon bushings. Car will be lower by about a half inch. I'm after body roll which the new sway bars correct and don't want to sacrifice a lot of comfort for street driving. I believe you are correct in that the "S" version does have the Bilsteins and roll bars but uses the American springs.
Old July 7th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #5
Docdanracy

did you order the ROW "S" M030? it is different from the ROW M030
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:17 PM   #6
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docdanracy View Post
did you order the ROW "S" M030? it is different from the ROW M030
ROW M030 is the recommended set up for my Boxster.
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:53 PM   #7
Docdanracy

row S M030 has been used on 99 boxsters in the past with great results
Attached Thumbnails
larry and me.jpg   boxster in corckscrew.jpg  
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #8
offshore

Quote:
row S M030 has been used on 99 boxsters in the past with great results
That's nice, hopefully my ROW M030 suspension will have great results as well on my '99 Boxster.
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #9
Docdanracy

actually I had stock struts, H&R sport lowering springs and ROW S front and rear sway bars...was a great combination.
Still rode very nicely, it was my daily driver for 5 years.
The reason I asked, was because the ROW S bars were the largest of all the 986 sway bars. (thickest wall thickness). I believe the shocks and springs were also just slightly stiffer.
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:53 PM   #10
offshore

Quote:
actually I had stock struts, H&R sport lowering springs and ROW S front and rear sway bars...was a great combination.
Still rode very nicely, it was my daily driver for 5 years.
The reason I asked, was because the ROW S bars were the largest of all the 986 sway bars. (thickest wall thickness). I believe the shocks and springs were also just slightly stiffer.
I chose the system based on my needs and my 63 year old spine doesn't need a stiffer suspension for DD than what the ROW M030 system provides. If it corrects enough body roll and allows me to carry more speed into turns and corners at AX then it will help overcome the inability of my Tiptronic trans to downshift when I'm coming out of the hole, and if it works as I understand it then my AX times should improve. I'm not yet interested in TT just in having fun DE ing some of the tracks that I used to come to as a kid and watch the races. I'm certain the ROW system will increase the fun factor in that as well.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.