Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 21st, 2008, 02:33 PM   #1
phish

brake lights

i need help lol, i searched for it but couldn't find it anywhere. my driver brake light went out and i need to know how to change it. i took off the back the lining and stuff but i cant see how to get to it lol. if anyone has any pics of how to do it or if someone can give me instructions on how to it would be greatly appreciated. thanks ahead of time.
Old May 21st, 2008, 04:34 PM   #2
Peter in Reno

Instructions should be in owner's manual. Do you have an owner's manual?

Peter
Peter in Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:56 PM   #3
phish

i got it fixed i just kinda guessed on how to do it and figured it out lol... i dont have a owners manual. i bought it used and there wasn't one in it
Old May 21st, 2008, 08:31 PM   #4
Blubox03

Nice Job!

Good work in fixing the light. I have found that the work that I have done on this car has been very straight forward so far - user friendly. In the future, as a Boxster owner, we all should be able to do simple maintaince on these cars. Such as changing oil, spark plugs, light bulbs, cleaning the RMS area and inspecting for leaks, and even brake pads and main belt. If you have never changed brake pads before, don't be scared, it is really easy. Threre are so many web sites that show you step by step how to change them. And if you don't have the tools, buy them! The money you save in doing it yourself more than makes up for the cost of a few tools. Later.
Blubox03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:15 AM   #5
phish

thanks it seems to be a little harder to work on than my 04 GOAT was but i think i am gettin the hang of it... btw another stupid question, i looked on here for how to change the side marker lights and i couldn't find anything and like i said i dont have an owners manual. i would like to have some help with it if someone wouldn't mind giving instructions or maybe a site someone can reference me too or anything lol. i searched all night last night after i changed my fog light and my brake light... its probably somethin simple but for an idiot like me it might be hard lol.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:21 AM   #6
Tom M
Site Founder

Here's how I did mine 8 years ago.

'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:42 PM   #7
Peter in Reno

I have never bought a used car that came with an original owner's manual. Why do previous owners want to keep them?

Peter
Old May 22nd, 2008, 10:59 PM   #8
phish

you know what now that i think about it my GTO didn't have one either, maybe they had to downgrade to a minivan to haul around the new kids and ever so often they pick it up just to remember what it was like lol.

i almost forgot... Thanks Tom! without you i would still be scratching my head tryin to figure it out lol
Old May 27th, 2008, 08:22 AM   #9
Peter in Reno

If I were you, I would get a new owner's manual. It contains useful information.

Peter
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:51 AM   #10
dedes

Arrow Boxster/Cayman Owners Manuals

For all those that don't have a owner's manual.

Boxster/Cayman Owners Manuals
http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...ads&showcat=15
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman