Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old January 22nd, 2004, 08:38 PM   #1
dougmack

Bulbs for Clear Side and Tail Lights

I just finally broke down and got clear top tail lights and clear side lights for my 2000 S. It seems that the right bulb solution for the tail lights is the Philips Silver Vision.

What's the right bulb for the side lights? I see that Philips has a W5W Blue Vision that looks at lot light Xeon. Is white the right color for side markers?

Doug
dougmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2004, 09:27 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmack
Is white the right color for side markers?

Doug
Legally the side markers are supposed to be amber.

From the CA DMV V.C.
25100. (a) Except as provided in subdivisions (b) and (d), every vehicle 80 inches or more in overall width shall be equipped during darkness as follows:

(1) At least one amber clearance lamp on each side mounted on a forward-facing portion of the vehicle and visible from the front and at least one red clearance lamp at each side mounted on a rearward-facing portion of the vehicle and visible from the rear.

(2) At least one amber side-marker lamp on each side near the front and at least one red side-marker lamp on each side near the rear.
Full text of section 25100
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman