Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old October 26th, 2001, 09:56 PM   #1
Jeff M.(San Francisco)

Hi, I'm a new boxster owner (almost) and wanted to introduce myself

Hi all,

I've been a regular reader/poster over at PPBB for the past few months and Jeff Lopez was kind enough to invite me over here.

I really wanted to post here tonight letting you all know that I'm picking up my new MY02 LB/LB/SB Boxster S at Sonnen in San Rafael tomorrow....unfortunately, they called me late this afternoon to tell me "the truck never showed with my car" so I'm stuck here waiting to pick it up sometime next week.

Can this agony of waiting get any worse! (smile)" WIDTH=15 HEIGHT=1

Anyway, I look forward to adding to this board often. I've been reading almost every post on PPBB for the past few months, but still might have some rookie questions to ask once I get it - please bear with me. This will be my very first Porsche.

Jeff
Noe Valley, S.F.

MY02 LB/MB/SB
- Sport Touring Pkg.
- Comfort Pkg.
- Heated Seats
- Colored Crests
- In-dash CD Player (to go with the new Bose)
- Xenon
Old October 26th, 2001, 10:47 PM   #2
Stephen Balsbaugh

Welcome Jeff

We look forward to seeing you and your new Boxster on the board and at events.
Old October 26th, 2001, 10:48 PM   #3
"Foosball" Brian Harrington (SJ,CA)

Re: Hi, I'm a new boxster owner (almost) and wanted to introduce myself

Welcome! Hope you will join us on our events. In the meantime, endure the wait as best as possible and don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Your options list looks good, you've got all the bases covered.
Old October 26th, 2001, 11:15 PM   #4
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Welcome! You'll find us a pretty laid back bunch for the most part.

We'll be doing our annual "Toys for Tots" drive to the Presidio in early December. We certainly expect to see you there - if not sooner!

Photos from last years T4T drive
Old October 27th, 2001, 05:57 AM   #5
scottinredwoodcity

Worth the wait...

...some of us old timers waited 12 months for a car and would do it again! The Babbler gang is the most knowledgeable group of Boxsters owners anywhere... bar none! Welcome to the posse!
Old October 27th, 2001, 11:15 AM   #6
Tool Pants - Jeff Lopez

Welcome to the nut house Jeff

Pretty soon lapis blue is going to out number artic silver.

Now that the Babblers have another Jeff, I can always blame "that other Jeff." (smile)" WIDTH=15 HEIGHT=1

Some of the newer owners can tell you what to check when you pick up your car. Some things that I can think of. Make sure it is in the hand over mode. If you have mats, make sure there are the velcro pads. Security tool for for lug bolt. Check the tire pressure, including spare. Try to convince them not to put on the front plate bracket. Have them show you the windstop, if you do not know how to do it. Make sure you have key and radio codes.

The other Jeff
Old October 27th, 2001, 07:55 PM   #7
Jeff M.(San Francisco)

Front plate bracket?

Thanks for the tips. Why no front plate bracket? Is it because they mess it up, or do they just use a crappy bracket? We have to have one in CA don't we?

I plan on spending a good half hour or so trying to look at every nook and cranny for defects before I leave. They called today and said I can pick it up Monday at 5, but it's looking like rain Mon night so I might postpone till Tues.

Jeff #3 (smile)" WIDTH=15 HEIGHT=1
Old October 27th, 2001, 09:40 PM   #8
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Re: Front plate bracket?

You are required to have a front plat in CA. However, unless you live in an area where they are routinely handing out "No Front Plate" tickets you'll find that most do not install one. At the very least you will be on a sort of honeymoon until your plates do arrive so just leave the piece of paper in the front window with no plates on the car as long as you can. I even stripped off my "dealer advertising plate" as soon as I got the car home.
Old October 28th, 2001, 11:28 AM   #9
Jeff M.(San Francisco)

Thanks - maybe I'll order some famous bumper plugs then *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.