Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 1st, 2015, 09:13 AM   #1
tmendo

Driver side window won't lower enough to open door

Yesterday the driver side window stopped going down far enough to open the door on my 2004 Boxster. It goes down a little bit, but not far enough, and I have to manually toggle it down. I have seen this problem noted in the forums before, but I can't find the threads. Suggestions?
tmendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2016, 07:40 AM   #2
thom4782

Possibly a broken window regulator. When it breaks, the cable has too much slack to lower the window enough to clear the top. With the door open and the window fully up, try pushing down on it. If it moves slightly, this indicates the window is taking up the cable slack.

Last edited by thom4782; March 23rd, 2016 at 07:43 AM.
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 08:43 PM   #3
Peer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom4782 View Post
Possibly a broken window regulator.
I dunno -- also mine had this problem for many years, and when it broke completely I replaced the entire thing -- but yet, it still won't go down far enough to open the door (and yes, I've done the 'celebration' procedure many times). Hence, as before, I do it by hand.

-- peer

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman