Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old January 8th, 2004, 03:11 PM   #1
CatalogGuy

Smog Check

I am looking for a place to smog my 2000 S, the closer to Walnut Creek the better. Is any decent smog shop going to be able to do the job?

P.S. I looked for but didn't find a section for Smog Check in the Recommendations page.
CatalogGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2004, 03:55 PM   #2
Mdreiver

Go to the dealer

The dealers do it (at least the one in Oakland does, call Stead to see) and then you don't have to teach them how to get to the engine compartment. If you end up going to an independent station, help them. They will need you to open the cover off the engine in the same way you do it for a filter change.
Old January 10th, 2004, 11:34 AM   #3
sinebubble

I had my check done at a regular smog checker. Apparently the only need to view the engine is to check if any modifications were done. The business I used trusted that I had no reason to beef up my car and skipped that step.

2000 Boxster
sinebubble is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman