Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 24th, 2004, 11:51 AM   #1
Clayton in Walnut Creek

smog check time - who to use in East Bay?

Well it is time for my 2000 S to get a smog check. Any recommendations, or can any smog check station handle a Boxster? Thanks.
-cjd
2000 S Mettalic Blue/Savannah Beigh
Clayton in Walnut Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2004, 01:20 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

You should have Robyn call Stead and see how good a price she can get. Maybe they'll match it for you.

I got Claridge's to match $90 including the certificate about a month ago. They normally charge $135.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:54 PM   #3
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

I had mine done at a "Smog Pros" for $70 (including certificate). It worked out great. They didn't even bother opening the engine compartment. To get the $70 price I just needed to mention a $10 coupon. They had a nice little dyno built into the floor. I first tried a shell station, but they needed to drive the car up a ramp to get on their dyno and they wouldn't try it with a Boxster.
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA) is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman