Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old June 5th, 2002, 06:20 AM   #21
Joellen & Monte Rubick

Re: I don't believe that was my goal Jeff...

You go RobynC, I totally am happy for you. I share your excitement. This comes under the heading that women who speak their minds are B......, especially if they know what they are talking about, but men are being men. Or the Barbara Striscend factor.Or it's ok for men to H.around but if a women does it she is a Ho.

Sorry,
Joellen
Old June 5th, 2002, 06:38 AM   #22
Boxster Ben

Yo, Toolpants...insert head in freezer!!!

Chill dude!!!
Old June 5th, 2002, 07:23 AM   #23
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Robyn - It's your car. You don't have to justify it to anybody *NM*

Old June 5th, 2002, 07:30 AM   #24
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Re: That's enough!

Robyn, you have to remember that some of the people on the board like to use sarcasm even though they may be happy for you. While that may or may not be the situation here all you have to remember is that what they think really doesn't matter. All that matters is what you think/feel about the modifications. Most of all don't let them ruin your enjoyment. Why not just tell everbody else to go pound salt.
Old June 5th, 2002, 07:46 AM   #25
Magic Mtn Dan

The gauge faces look nice!

I guess I misinterpreted your original post; I expected to see 996-style instrumentation with their extra gauges.

You don't need to justify anything you do. We're all interested in what folks do to their cars. As I'm sure you're aware, not everyone even wants to modify their cars. Some folks are into keeping them purely stock. Others want performance mods while some owners try to enhance the creature comforts. I congratulate you in what you've done to your Boxster. I'm sure it's a great car to drive in!
Old June 5th, 2002, 07:56 AM   #26
Magic Mtn Dan

The difference between the springs (long)...

the US 030 and the RoW 030 springs, in ride height, is so small it's almost not noticeable visually. The car ends up being lower by about 3/4" in front and 3/8" in the rear.

What's the reason for going with the RoW springs? If you want to lower your car and have it look lower then there are other springs that will do that for you (like the H&R Sport Springs). You will have to deal with the lower ride height and that'll typically affect how you drive over speed bumps and dips (driveways and in the street). I exit many gas stations and stores by going diagonally which minimizes the risk of scraping. By the way, the scraping that is being done is almost always the two small plastic flaps (air diverters) in front of your front wheels. They get the wear and tear when the car has been lowered and they are easily and inexpensively replaced if/when necessary. You really have to be on a bad road and/or driving quite quickly to scrape anything on the underside of the car. For example, when I drive Stage Road (out 84 near PCH), the underside does touch a couple/three times if I'm going fast (and I do drive that road fast).

Bottom line is that if you want to go with the RoW springs by all means do it. It won't really mean beans in terms of performance/handling to your car. And it's hardly lower than stock - you'll be more likely to notice it when you compare the height to other Boxsters when they're around. Of course you as the owner will notice it but others typically do not. (When we put RoW springs on a 996 the initial height was almost exactly at stock - once the car was driven it was at a lower ride height but it's still hard to notice).

As for the Gemballa wheels we can provide them to you. Let's talk offline about which ones (there are different wheels and sizes) you want and if you want the centers painted, etc.
Old June 5th, 2002, 08:55 AM   #27
Guy in Belmont

You, sir are out of order. *NM*

Old June 5th, 2002, 08:58 AM   #28
Guy in Belmont

Black with Silver trim looks great!

It is a better match for the rest of the interior.
Old June 5th, 2002, 08:59 AM   #29
Tool Pantsİ

Just sarcasm

I know too many people who have been sold a false bill of goods. Just 3 days ago at Parts Heaven a guy was selling a set of standard 18" wheels, but telling people they were hollow spoke wheels. I hope no one bought them thinking they were in fact hollow spoke.

You had a twin turbo instrument cluster on your list. When I looked at your picture I saw a standard Boxster cluster with stick on guage faces that read 200 mph. I assumed you had been told that you had a real twin turbo instrument cluster and paid for the real thing, which is not what was in your picture.

Jeff
Old June 5th, 2002, 09:31 AM   #30
Chatter Box

Hi Robyn. I am happy for you.

I think you got some really cool stuff. Some that I personally would like to do for my own car and some that I would not. But it was an interesting list of goodies and I'm glad you shared it with us. I bet you have more things to do in the future and I hope you continue to be open and let the poor schmucks like me live vicariously.

Keep up-fixen, keep driving, and keep posting!

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman