Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 18th, 2005, 10:46 AM   #1
CatalogGuy

Dead Battery - It Finally Happened

I don't know why... the battery is only a year old. User error I am sure. So I will be here searching old posts trying to figure out how to open the hood... I didn't do that little trick with the cable, but as I recall I can bend a bit of something near the inside release lever to bypass the locking mechanism. If anyone wants to offer a hint I am all ears!

Last edited by CatalogGuy; May 18th, 2005 at 10:51 AM. Reason: grammatical oopsie
CatalogGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2005, 03:19 PM   #2
CatalogGuy

Here's what I learned...

I have a few alternatives...

In 2001 they started putting a terminal in the fuse box, but I came a year too soon.

I can feed 12 volt power into the system by for example connecting a battery to a cigarette lighter adapter which i can buy when i get a ride to the store.

Or I can try to hack the latch open which I have tried and tried.

My hood fastens too tightly to get at the latch itself.
CatalogGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:12 PM   #3
pbox986

Trunk Open Solution

Best way (assuming you can open the door manually with your key) is loosening up the 3 screws and lift the whole lever assy. and just push that aluminum piece below the lever to unblock it. now you should able to pull the lever up to pop the trunk open....k

Check this thread relating to your problem.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...opic=2751&st=0

regards,
Frank
pbox986 is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman