Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 12th, 2003, 02:27 PM   #1
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Open for suggestions for the annual Fall Frolic.

It is time to start the planning as we are about 2 months away from the annual Fall Frolic overnight drive.

While I enjoy the Quincy/Graeagle area, and am willing to go back year after year, some participants have expressed a desire for a different locale. The weight is squarely on your shoulders as to suggestions for a new destination for this year. The only criteria is it must have fall colors associated with it.

BTW - If anybody wishes to pick up the responsibility for organizing the event this year my feelings won't be hurt
Old August 12th, 2003, 07:07 PM   #2
Catalog Guy

Re: Open for suggestions for the annual Fall Frolic.

I really really like the Graeagle area and am in favor of returning there (year after year )
Old August 12th, 2003, 10:59 PM   #3
Paulsha911

What are the dates going to be?

I would really like to make it this year. But my in-laws are in town first two weeks of October...
Old August 12th, 2003, 11:13 PM   #4
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Oct 17-19 or 24-26 depending on weather predictions. *NM*

Old August 12th, 2003, 11:31 PM   #5
Ken R

It's so hard to decide there are so many great places to go to

How about Groveland, next to Yosemite. The Groveland Hotel is a nice place to stay and they have a fantastic restaurant.

What about going up to the Redwoods. The Benbow is nice for lunch and then truck all the way up to Ferndale.

Mendocino, is always a great drive, up hwy 1 and take 128 back.

Anyone like any of these suggestions?

We are going up to Portland this Thursday, taking hwy 5 up and then coming down the coast. We are going to stay at a night a Cannon Beach. Last time we were there it was ten years ago and it was fantastic. I heard recently it's becoming a little Carmel.

Ken R
Old August 13th, 2003, 01:01 AM   #6
Doug Richardson

go to Kings Canyon *NM*

Old August 13th, 2003, 12:29 PM   #7
Steve B

Yosemite Area

Not familiar with Groveland, but Yosemite area would be nice. Are the roads open in Oct. or are they "suspect"?

A drive to the major dips near Benton would be a treat. You get the sensation of being launched into space.
Old August 13th, 2003, 12:33 PM   #8
Steve B

Roads open in Oct?

Kings Canyon is a great drive for a Boxster. I was there this June and would return again.

Big question, are the raods open in late Oct?

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman