Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 7th, 2007, 01:21 PM   #11
ChrisZang

You might have missed your chance

Hi Bob,

yesterday I noticed that one of the two bolts on top which hold my GHL in place broke (which as I understand happens quite often), which means it's "hanging on by a thread". So tonight I'll take the GHL off and put the stock exhaust back on (which I fortunately still have) to get the GHL welded.
Not sure how quickly (if ever) I will put the GHL back on, kinda looking forward to not getting any deafer as I already am
So maybe my GHL will appear in the classifieds soon but then again maybe not, dunno yet.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterBob - San Carlos
Thanks for the note Chris. I'll try to clear some time to take a listen to the GHL. I'm right on San Carlos Ave, so we're definitely close!
2009 Carrera 4S "Kelsey", PDK, Sport Chrono Plus, CF GT2 seats, 31k miles
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #12
boxs2000

I dont really like the conversion to a 987 or 997, but have you considered the conversion to a 03 996? (newer style headlight and fender and spoiler) I would rather do this because it can be done with o.e. parts and not compromise the o.e. quality,but then again to each his own...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2007, 05:19 PM   #13
CatalogGuy

They should call it a Moxster!
CatalogGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 08:03 AM   #14
ChrisZang

The GHL must go on

Hi Bob,

side-topic: After one week without the GHL and with the stock exhaust I am starting to get "cold GHL turkey". Yes the GHL will go back on, the sound is just too sweet :-)
Unfortunately I am still waiting for the spare part from GHL and then I need to get it welded back on (fortunately there is a shop which can weld stainless steel on Industrial Road in Belmont). I'll let you know when I'm back in business.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZang
Hi Bob,

yesterday I noticed that one of the two bolts on top which hold my GHL in place broke (which as I understand happens quite often), which means it's "hanging on by a thread". So tonight I'll take the GHL off and put the stock exhaust back on (which I fortunately still have) to get the GHL welded.
Not sure how quickly (if ever) I will put the GHL back on, kinda looking forward to not getting any deafer as I already am
So maybe my GHL will appear in the classifieds soon but then again maybe not, dunno yet.

Cheers
2009 Carrera 4S "Kelsey", PDK, Sport Chrono Plus, CF GT2 seats, 31k miles
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 08:55 AM   #15
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

I'm glad to "hear" it's going back on!

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.