Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 26th, 2004, 10:43 PM   #1
ddg

Custom V1 install in bumpers in Bay Area?

hello everyone,

after a long time of lurking, this is my first post.

i'm picking up my boxster s next week and i've heard of people doing a custom install in the front and rear bumpers. is this necessary or is there another location where you can hide the v1 and and just use the remote display?

if anyone has any great ideas or ways to hide their v1 in their boxsters i'd love to hear them. if not, does anyone know where to get the v1 custom installed in the bumpers?

thanks!
ddg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2004, 11:23 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

It's really not practical to put the V1 in the bumpers. The main reason is the V1 is not weather tight. It's also not possible to split up the forward and rear portions of the V1 as the timing of the detector is based on a known separation of the components.

If you really want a hidden install the way to go may be with a K40. A few people on the board have had both and can provide feedback on the K40 and the V1.

There are ways to mount the V1 so it's not on the windshield. To check out one such installation take a look at http://boxsters.addr.com/hacks/stealth_v1.htm
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman