Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 10th, 2002, 06:17 PM   #1
x99shark

So long and thanks for all the fish.

(For those of you wondering, thats the title to a Douglas Addams book)

Well all the stars have aligned. My firmware development contract up here is ending, my lease on a tiny little overly expensive townhome in the middle of stripmall hell is up, and the tenants in the place I own in San Diego have given notice. So I am moving back to my much beloved San Diego in about a month.

I'm coming off of 2 years of 90 hour weeks consulting in the bay area and will take a few months off, concentrate on Sharkworks for a while and take it from there.

I'll still be a board regular tough.

cheers
-Ed
Old May 10th, 2002, 07:31 PM   #2
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Best wishes. Plus, the way you drive you'll still only

be two hours away
Old May 11th, 2002, 01:20 AM   #3
Larry Nakamura (In SJ)

Ed, It was good to meet you and see the

Manhattan project. Keep us up to date on what you are doing
and Boxster/Stereo mods. I think you can make the drive in
1 1/2hrs if you tried.
Old May 11th, 2002, 09:24 AM   #4
Tool Pants

The BMW guy at Mt. Ham. *NM*

Old May 11th, 2002, 09:26 AM   #5
Manila Jay

take care buddy!

do a kickass bay area- san diego run for me.
Old May 11th, 2002, 09:34 AM   #6
Howard Graff in London

"A brain the size of a planet and they have me doing this..."

That's another quote from Mr Adams. Great man, sadly missed. I'm sure the quote applies to you.

I'm glad to hear that you are getting your work/life balance in order. Sounds like a great idea.

I enjoyed meeting you properly in LV. Take care pal.

H
Old May 11th, 2002, 11:14 AM   #7
Paul in CA

No, you can't leave!!!

Just kidding. Glad that you are taking an active role balancing your life. I came to the Valley 2.5 years ago and my wife and I both wonder what happened to our lives. 90+ hours work weeks make time fly and if you are not careful years go by without noticing.

Sure hope to see you in future events.

First Jay and then you, it is kind of a bummer though.

Paul
Old May 11th, 2002, 12:59 PM   #8
Magic Mtn Dan

Another one bites the dust!

There have been others before me, Jay and Ed, I am sure. And there will be others to leave and many still flock to the Bay Area.

The good thing is that Ed will now be closer to us (we're in SoCal). I'm hoping I can drop in and visit you in San Diego and take a look at the house as it is built (that's still the plan isn't it?).

Sharky is one of the cast of characters that makes the BABBLERS so special. It's up to all of you in the Bay Area to let other Boxster owners know about the group and to get them to participate in the BABBLERS experience.

Keep in touch Ed. Once a BABBLER, always a BABBLER

Old May 11th, 2002, 01:22 PM   #9
Billster

I once heard Douglas Adams speak.. long

He told a funny annecdote about British manners:

Explaining that he'd just purchased a hot coffee and a packet of biscuits (package of cookies), Mr. Adams boarded an English commuter train (surely more bizzare a conveyance than any of his imagined interplanetary vehicles, ha)

He was shortly joined by a gentleman sitting across from him, sharing the same table. Both parties began in the most English way, of protecting their privacy by ignoring each other and concentrating on their newspapers.

Mr Adams was unpleasantly shocked when he noticed the gentleman reach for the package of cookies, opened them and ate one!. The Gentleman was equally taken aback when Mr. Douglas in silent defiance, and display of ownership, picked up the package, selected a cookie and ate it. They glared at each other in silent recrimination.

The Gentleman, took another cookie and ate it, as did Mr Adams. This went on until the 8 or so cookies were gone and the package emtpy, both of them fuming.

Each person was quite upset with the affrontery of the other. Shocked that someone would steal anothers cookies.
in England!

As the train arrived in London, Douglas Adams picked up the coat, briefcase, the rest of his newspaper... to discover a second, identical package of cookies on the table.

Being English of course, neither could comment. After the rude stares and silent recriminations they both simply left the biscuits laying on the table and left the train.

Mr Adams was a funny, bright, wonderful author of "HitchHikers Guide to The Galaxy" and a formidible public speaker. If you arent familiar with this book read it, its a must.

Humor, as much as our passion for Boxsters is a wonderful commonality both here and on PPBB.

Cheers!
Billster
Old May 11th, 2002, 03:09 PM   #10
Patricia

Re: Welcome (back) to Southern California!

We used to be part of the Valley scene, but left almost 9 years ago. Life is far more serene here. I don't plan to ever live there again, even though I still visit alot.

I hope to meet you at a SoCal activity soon.

Pat, South Pasadena

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.