Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Mechanical and Technical Mechanical and technical topics, help, and discussions

Old March 22nd, 2016, 06:43 PM   #1
JGriff

Rear Brake Grinding

I was having an issue with the driver's side rear caliper making a real bad grinding noise. When I took out the pads, I found out that one of the vibration dampers had stuck to one of the pads.

I got the pads out...and ultimately put in new pads and dampers. But the noise is still there! The rotor is scored quite badly...could that be the problem? Should I replace the rotor? Take a look:

Thanks!
JGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 05:45 AM   #2
CARiDcom

If the pads no longer rub and your original rotor is has been rubbed badly you definitely need to replace the front pair of rotors You can choose a decent set over here: http://www.carid.com/2009-porsche-boxster-brakes/

Last edited by CARiDcom; June 24th, 2016 at 07:32 AM.
CARiDcom is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Mechanical and Technical