Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 17th, 2001, 03:59 PM   #1
Catalog Guy

BABBLERS GO TO ALMS ON SUNDAY

ALMS - BABBLERS are going to the races at Sears Point!

Hi All,

Sunday July 22, 2001 is the big ALMS race at Sears Point and it's going to be a BABBLERS event!

There will be parking in the Porsche corral by turn 3. All you need to take advantage of the corral is buy a general admission ticket, show up in your Porsche, and arrive early enough to get a space. Sears Point recommends arriving by 9AM to make you get a space. To find the Porsche corral, drive through the main gate and continue until you see the big Porsche sign. Last year there were several corrals for Porsche, BMW, Audi. Also, all the Vipers lined up along the fence - you can't miss it!

Plan to arrive by 9 AM. Bring a hat, sunscreen, a camera, some snacks, binoculars, and whatever else you think you might need to get through the day. Sears Point will provide plenty of seating. We'll see Sears Point's new garages where we can get close to the cars and meet the drivers. Sears Point also has new sidelines, views and shuttles as they complete the first of three phases of their $40 million revamping. The main event starts at noon and goes until 2:45.

The ALMS is a 3 day event beginning Friday. If you wish to attend more than one day, then you should buy a 3 day pass. Tickets for Sunday are $35 and a 3 day pass will set you back $50. Order tickets on line at
https://secure-web-services.net/SearsPoint/tickets/lemans.html

Sears Point has plenty of concessions selling food and drinks. However, you are free to pack a picnic and bring whatever food and non-alcoholic drinks you would like.

Caravans can be arranged throughout the Bay Area. Please email me if you'd like to caravan and I'll post the meeting places and times.

Thanks and See You Sunday!
Andrew

Read more about ALMS at
http://www.searspoint.com/news/lemans2001/exotic04-01.html
http://www.searspoint.com/events/lemans.html

"The Audi R8 Prototype stole the show last year as driver Allan McNish set the fastest lap ever recorded in the 33-year history of Sears Point Raceway with a qualifying run of 112.440 mph. McNish and co-driver Rinaldo Capello went on to capture the victory for Audi in the 2 hour, 45-minute endurance race.

In addition to McNish, Dirk Muller set a track record piloting his Porsche 911 GT with a one-lap speed of 94.789 mph. Muller went to take the victory with co-driver Cort Wagner.

With an open paddock area, fans are also able to get an up-close look at these beautiful machines and their drivers."

Old July 17th, 2001, 05:08 PM   #2
scott from belmont

caravan from 280?

my wife and i were planning on jumping on 280 about 7am in belmont on sunday. might adjust our schedule if there is a group of boxster going. just curious.

sdg
Old July 18th, 2001, 03:52 PM   #3
Guy in Belmont

I'm also leaving from Belmont

Maybe we can get a group to come down 280.
Old July 19th, 2001, 10:26 AM   #4
Guy in Belmont

I'm going Saturday, not Sunday

My plans just got changed and I can't make it Sunday.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman