Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 5th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #1
tjorgeson

No clock and oil gauge

About a week ago I noticed the clock was out on my 99 Boxster. When I went to start her the next time I noticed the oil guage was not lit. I thought maybe a fuse. Then after about 20 minutes it came back on. Now it is a fifty fifty deal at first but eventually the gauge / clock works. Is this a common issue, do the gauges wear out? Or maybe a loose connection is the culprit!
tjorgeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

The fact that they went out isn't too puzzling as the bulbs do sometimes burn out. The fact that it's intermittent is more problematic.

There's a writeup I did a long time ago on removing the cluster that can be found right here.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 07:06 AM   #3
Loren

Try wiggling the ignition key - a bad ignition key can cause some strange electrical faults.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.