Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 30th, 2003, 12:52 AM   #1
doug_d (Cameron Park, CA)

ALMS @ Infineon - more pics

i had the pleasure of hanging out with bob c this past weekend at infineon. while bob has the talent to take awesome pics and the wisdom to only post his very best, i'm still developing both of those attributes. link to lots and lots of pics below.

i did catch a nice pic of a saleen that was on display...

and one of those "blurry" shots of the race winner that people seem to like...

lots and lots of pics
Old July 30th, 2003, 04:42 PM   #2
Dennis in SE PA

Re: Nice pics Doug. *NM*

Old July 30th, 2003, 11:48 PM   #3
Paulsha911

Very nice! Some angles I haven't considered before...

How does one get a pit pass for these events? I would love to be able get close to the cars while they grid, for example.

I also notice that some photographers can get beyond the fence to certain areas that are closed to the public. How did you get that pass? This is a new hobby for me, so I'd like to know. Thanks in advance.
Old July 31st, 2003, 09:12 AM   #4
doug_d (Cameron Park, CA)

Re: Very nice! Some angles I haven't considered before...

thanks paul.

the "photo credential" is what you want and here's the official word "You need to be on assignment from a recognized media outlet to obtain credentials. I would need a letter of assignment from your editor sent to me at {xyz} Raceway." that generally means WORK i was sponsored by my PCA region and i'm expected to share my pics with PCA (newsletters and web) and write an article for our newsletter. my request wouldn't fly where porsche wasn't featured (cart, nascar, ...)

the above requirement is for the big races. a more readily available opportunity is to take pics when a private org has rented the track. for a DE for example, you really just need permission from the event chair, and most are happy to have you there taking pics. it's best to introduce yourself and make your request in advance so you don't get to the track and get surprised.

have fun
Old August 1st, 2003, 11:09 AM   #5
Paulsha911

Hmmm, can I pretend to be the official Babblers photographer?

Tom?

Thanks Doug for the info. I've have to dig into it somemore...

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman