Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old June 18th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #1
kitten

Check Engine Light

Hi. My "Check Engine" light has been on for about a month. While I love my Boxster and want to take the very best care of her, right now I only want to repair her enough to pass my smog test. The repair shop is not sure what it is and may have to repair a few things before they get to the one thing that is causing the light to go on. Does there happen to be any one problem that is common in Boxsters that causes the Check Engine light to come on, so that I do not have to go through a lot of money to repair a lot of things that may not be causing the Check Engine light to go on? Thanks.
kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 09:10 PM   #2
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

Most common for me are emission or airflow - bad O2 sensor or MAF (Mass Air Flow Meter). If you have the code(s) causing the CEL read with an OBDII tool, folks can give you better advice. Most CELs are simple, especially if it's been on for a month.
Old June 18th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #3
RickJ

the gas cap can cause the CEL light to go on - my one experience had a new gascap as a solution -
RickJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman