Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 28th, 2004, 11:17 PM   #1
Docdanracy

Question Spacers large and small

Folks,
I am thinking of installing some front and rear spacers and want to get some feedback on what some of you are running.
My car is running H&Rs (lowered alittle over an inch). I plan on continuing to run stock 17s. Any input on sizes and types you use would be appreciated.
With lowered cars any interferrence issues?
will 225s or 245s be a problem with fender clearance?
H&R spacers, Porsche factory?
5-7mm fronts, 14-15 rears?
Need longer wheel bolts or what? Hub centric of course!
Thanks
Dan
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2004, 11:35 AM   #2
Docdanracy

Question Triptophan induced silence?

Hey, where is everyone. I can't remember the last time that some one had a technical question and not a single member had a response. Usually everyone has an opinion of some sort
Old November 29th, 2004, 11:52 AM   #3
Tom M
Site Founder

I'd guess it has to do with the holiday weekend. I know we've got a couple of local people that have wheel spacers.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2004, 02:19 PM   #4
KenJ

Just waking up...

from my Tryptophan coma. We had some people over for Thanksgiving and if I hadn't started talking to one of my neighborhood friends during dinner, he'd have ended up in the mash potatoes (no, he doesn't drink).

I'm thinking of some small spacers for the fronts myself... but to stay in stock, can only go to 1/4". I've already picked up about 3/4" (3/8 inch each side) by uping to 225s from 205s... the net should be around 1 1/4" more for next year.

I've noticed that there are some "Porsche" 5mm spacers that they used for the special editions last year(?). It looked like they had a center hub or lip that matches the existing - I'll call it 'ring guide' - for easier mounting. I'm about to call Wheel Enhancement for their 1/4", but they don't look the same. They look flat. I think it would be prudent to get their longer (with washers) bolts to go along with it. Outside of Porsche, Wheel Enhancement is the only place I've noticed that offers the complete bolts too. I think our original bolts are 60mm total and they offer 65-66mm. I'll let you know what I find out as the 'from Porsche' bolts seemed pricey.
KenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2004, 03:02 PM   #5
FUHRIUS

I've got 15mm f/ 21mm r on my '01 S

new to the board...new to the boxster...just bought an '01 s a month ago and just getting signed onto the beard here.
my car's been dropped about 20mm and I'm running the stock 18" turbo twists with stock tire size (225/40, 265/35)...the car's got Techart spacers, 15mm front and 21mm rear and I have no rubbing problems whatsoever. I'd be happy to send pics to those interested...file size limit is a little restrictive here (at 40kb).
FUHRIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2004, 04:43 PM   #6
Docdanracy

Love to see some pics of the spacers.

I had been thinking or ~7mm front and 14-15 rear. would like to see what 15s and 21s look like. I will be AXing so I don't want to get into clearance issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUHRIUS
new to the board...new to the boxster...just bought an '01 s a month ago and just getting signed onto the beard here.
my car's been dropped about 20mm and I'm running the stock 18" turbo twists with stock tire size (225/40, 265/35)...the car's got Techart spacers, 15mm front and 21mm rear and I have no rubbing problems whatsoever. I'd be happy to send pics to those interested...file size limit is a little restrictive here (at 40kb).

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.