Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 28th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #1
Bill Dally

Window Problem

I have an intermittent problem with the passenger side window in my 2002 Boxster S. Sometimes it works fine. Other times the window does not retract when either the inside or outside door handle is pulled or when the door is open. When it is acting up the red LED on the lock switch illuminates. Also, the car gives two beeps whenever I operate the locks with the key.

Is this a micro-switch in the door? If so, which one. If it were a handle switch why doesn't the window retract when the door is open? If it were the door open switch why doesn't the window retract when the handles are pulled? And why is it intermittent in either case?

Does someone in the SF Bay Area have a PST2 or some other tool that can read out the state of the switches?

Thanks,

Bill

PS. The good news is that pretty soon the weather will be nice enough that I can just leave the top down until November and not worry about the window retracting. :-)
Bill Dally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:49 AM   #2
mikes_box

Been there done that just about a month ago. Problem is with the door locking mechanism. Microswitch in the mechanism is damaged and unfortunatley it is not able to just repair the switch.. Part cost about $200 but can be a pain in the butt to take out and put back in. Dealership will charge you $700.
mikes_box is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman