Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 18th, 2003, 04:06 PM   #1
Chatter Box

Parking nannies, jerks, and other rants relevant to this ol' coot.

So, I just got a call from security telling me that I've been reported for parking over the line. For the record, I'm parked on the line. Second, and more importantly, I made it a point today like any other day to park on an end spot so as to avoid encroaching on someone else's parking spot. I do liking favoring one side of a parking spot and/or parking at the back of a lot. But I never do so when it will cut someone else's space short. To me, it's a no brainer. My rights end where someone else's rights begin. How the heck someone else had a right to the space outside a marked parking spot I'll never know.

But people see you park favoring one side of a spot, and lump you into the same category as someone who parks across 2 spots. Dingers do exist and it doesn't make you a jerk to find creative solutions for avoiding dings. I can't tell you how many times I've parked at the back of an empty parking lot only to return finding the only other car in the lot right beside mine.

I find it odd that so much of what people do is based on the suggestion of a peeve and not genuinely a case of said peeve. I remind them of someone who occuppied 2 spots so they must report me even though I didn't actually do that.
Old July 18th, 2003, 04:55 PM   #2
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

It's clear you don't understand.

Unless you fold your side mirror in it is most definetly over the line

So you are "over the line" on the side where nobody can park, right? This means they are complaining that you are in the traffic lane, I guess.

I belonged to a carpool many years ago. One of the members of the carpool had a reserved parking spot we would use on the days he was a passenger. I got "written up" by some tag-happy wannabe cop security guy for it. Oh well
Old July 18th, 2003, 10:11 PM   #3
Paulsha911

I wake up early just to make sure I get a good spot...

That's funny. I got the same problem. I didn't get tagged but my collegues poke fun at me.

So, I got into the habit of being the first handful arriving each day. There are a couple of "perfect spots" with lots of spaces on both side.

The positive side effect, is that I am much more productive in the morning and gets a lot done before everybody start having their first cup of coffee.

Am I too anal?
Old July 19th, 2003, 07:03 AM   #4
Catalog Guy

Getting an early start is a great way

to be productive. When in an office environment I always found work happened very early in the morning or late in the evening. That stretch in the middle was just distractions.

As far as Scott's building, I would explore some SF tenants' rights groups as even p car owners are good people compared to landlords in the city. You may find some good advice on how to be aggressive in clarifying your rights.
Old July 20th, 2003, 02:05 PM   #5
x99shark

I used to get Hewlett Packard parking tickets...

... for backing into my parking space, car facing outward rather than car facing in. It was cited as against company policy. I ignorned the tickets and threats of disciplinary action. I wasn't willing to get creamed as I back out of the space unable to see approaching traffic due to restricted visibility.

With apoligies to a few HP people who I know hang out here, that was the most dismal and orwellian work environment I have ever seen.
Old July 20th, 2003, 05:55 PM   #6
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

LOL! So did I...

But that was 20 years ago when I was a pup fresh out of college. I got a ticket for "parking wrong way in stall". They actually tracked me down through my license plate (I must have provided it on some form). The ticket came through my boss. I asked him if it was time to clean out my desk. We both got a laugh over it.
Old July 21st, 2003, 08:22 AM   #7
Steve B

I once received a warning for speeding ...

above the 9 or 15 mph limit in the HP parking lot at the Santa Clara site.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.