Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 25th, 2001, 01:52 PM   #1
Magic Mtn Dan

Tourist help needed - part 2...

Greetings BABBLERS. A Porsche owner and FOB (Friend of BABBLERS) is coming out this way and wants to know the following (please respond here so he can read your reports). Thanks!

Which is nicer, the Lodge at PB or the Inn at Spanish Bay? Or what about Casa Palmero? We're not much into golfing or the "stuffy" scene, but we're going to head that way for a couple days on this trip to San Fran.

Can I rent a Boxster anywhere in San Fran for a week-long stay? Any idea what the cost is?

Thanks!
Old April 25th, 2001, 01:57 PM   #2
Gary (Camarillo)

Re: Tourist help needed - part 2...

I prefer the Inn at Spanish Bay. Very very nice. If you do want to golf, Pebble Beach will have the "lure" of the Open, and you do get a discount as a guest of the Lodge. The course at SB is very challenging and will be less $$ altough both are off the charts in terms of cost.

Have a great trip.

Gary (Camarillo)
'00 GR/SB/BLK
Old April 26th, 2001, 09:03 AM   #3
D.J.(Orlando, Fl.)

Re: Tourist help needed - part 2...

My wife surprised me for my 50th and we spent 5
days at Pebble Beach. Golfers we are, loved it.
Stayed at the Inn at Spanish Bay. Absolutely
beautiful, great resturant also. Each evening a Bagpiper emerges from the 18th fairway as you sit by the outdoor fireplaces sipping on your favorite cocktail and the sun slowly slips into the Pacific.
Just one of the many wonderful memories....
As for costs!!!! Let's just say I could be driving a Turbo right now rather than a Boxster 'S".
Love my "S" though.....
Where ever you decide, I'm sure it will be beatiful.

PS.Although I'm not a BABBLER, I thought I would pass on my enjoyable experience.
Old April 26th, 2001, 09:46 AM   #4
Magic Mtn Dan

You don't need to be a BABBLER to post or visit here!

And when you come by or post you become an honorary member of The BABBLERS ("MOB Member")

Thanks for your feedback
Old April 26th, 2001, 10:15 AM   #5
D.J.(Orlando, Fl.)

Re: You don't need to be a BABBLER to post or visit here!

Thanks, I'm proud to be a MOB member; besides it's the only place to post at the present time. Ha!

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman