Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk

Car Talk For topics and discussions about all makes and models

Old February 23rd, 2005, 09:08 AM   #1
Magic Mtn Dan

Porsche Announces New Sports Car ("Cayman")

ATLANTA Feb. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Porsche will be expanding its range of vehicles with the introduction of a new sports car based on the Boxster series in the 2006 model year. Positioned and priced between the 911 Carrera and the Boxster S, the new two-seat sports car, named the Cayman S, is aggressively styled to reflect its enhanced handling and more powerful engine. At the same time, highly efficient space utilization makes it one of the most practical sports cars in its class.

The Cayman S joins the Carrera, Boxster, and Cayenne, model designations that are already rich in tradition. It derives its name from the smallest of crocodiles, the caiman, which is known to be swift and nimble. With its more powerful 295 bhp, 3.4-liter, six-cylinder boxer engine mounted in the middle of its chassis, the new fixed-roof model reflects the strength and agility of its namesake perfectly and is capable of providing driving pleasure in its purest form.

Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), based in Atlanta, Ga., and its subsidiary, Porsche Cars Canada, Ltd., are the exclusive importers of Porsche sports cars and Cayenne sport utility vehicles for the United States and Canada. A wholly owned, indirect subsidiary of Dr. Ing. h.c.F. Porsche AG, PCNA employs approximately 250 people who provide Porsche vehicles, parts, service, marketing and training for its 204 U.S. and Canadian dealers. They, in turn, provide Porsche owners with best-in-class service.

SOURCE Porsche Cars North America
Attached Thumbnails
Cayman-Blue.jpg   Cayman-top.jpg   Cayman-front.jpg   cayman-rear.jpg   cayman-track.jpg  

I'm multi-tasking; I'm drinking beer and posting at the same time.
http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/...2BenXmas02.jpg
Magic Mtn Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:39 PM   #2
Curtis

Thumbs down Cayman Pictures

Is anyone else disappointed with the Cayman pictures?
Silver Cayman
Cayman

I was expecting something closer to the Boxster Hardtop pictures that have been circulating. The back end on this one is just ugly, especially from the angle in the first link. I'd rather have a Boxster with 295hp any day.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2005, 05:09 PM   #3
robert986

From the looks of the pictures that are circulating around now, it definitely is an acquired taste. Personally, I prefer the look of the Boxster over it.

Performance wise, the car is going to be a beast.
Old February 25th, 2005, 07:08 AM   #4
Curtis

Porsche Cayman advertisement

Porsche ad shown here... Cayman S
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2005, 09:15 AM   #5
cease

Totally disappointed. Doesn't look right. Looks like a Miata with a hardtop.
Old March 16th, 2005, 11:02 AM   #6
jimc

Re: The new Cayman

I saw this car in person recently.
The front looks like the Boxer and the rear appears to be the rear of the 911 added on. YUK!
I'll keep my 2000 speed-yellow Boxter S. It is just beautiful.
JimC.
jimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2005, 11:29 AM   #7
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

Boxster front, 911 rear - sounds like a...

Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2005, 05:27 PM   #8
Steve B

Where did you see the cayman?
Steve B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2005, 06:51 PM   #9
valleyforgeS

Right

My feelings exactly.

I have an S coming in a couple of weeks and was thinking of canceling in favor of the Cayman until I saw the pictures. It loses me on the side and in the back; I like the lines of the Boxster much more - and well, unless you are doing serious track racing, the S is more than you can handle anyway. More than I can, I should say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert986
From the looks of the pictures that are circulating around now, it definitely is an acquired taste. Personally, I prefer the look of the Boxster over it.

Performance wise, the car is going to be a beast.
valleyforgeS is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk