Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:10 PM   #21
Docdanracy

It is a standard waiver that is used by all PCA regions in the US....
In California you can not waive your rights with a signature to my understanding.
The PCA national insurance carrier uses the same waiver everywhere...
majority of folks sign the waiver and feel they have no recourse...but in California I believe that is not the case.
I agree that having a club like PCA underwriting your event can make you feel a bit more relaxed.
Any event where a car is moving must have a waiver signed by all participants...that is SOP for all PCA events.
And yes, at least you have the legal dept of PCA standing behind you along with the insurance company.
Every event that I have ever headed up or been a part of has been underwritten by PCA or Trackmasters.
I think that is a wise way to go.
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:38 PM   #22
offshore

That is where a court of law comes in to determine and protect your rights and the rights of the organization you are participating with before and after regardless of a signature or not. If there wasn't anything to signing a waiver I doubt Sonoma Raceway would be employing all those people at the entrance to have you sign their waiver just to get into the store. At the very least signing a "legal" document is a wake up call that you now bear responsibility for your actions and hopefully have a bearing on how you conduct yourself in the group and or event.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:41 PM   #23
mcomet

Thanks for the cars and coffee link. I was going to ask if there was one around here. I'll take a look and go if I can. Do you know how frequently they meet?
mcomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:44 PM   #24
mcomet

Kurt already got back to me. Apparently they meet the first Sunday of each month. Might make it this Sunday we'll see.
mcomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2020, 10:04 AM   #25
lizbee

Love it! thanks for sharing -Love
lizbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2020, 07:16 AM   #26
cherrykey

nice ride! bet you can afford the how much is a tummy tuck
cherrykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2020, 07:18 AM   #27
cherrykey

thanks for this awesome post i think you can afford the tummy tuck cost