Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 19th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #1
Peer

Cool engine sound...

So today when driving my 986 without the engine cover (don't ask) I noticed a lot of sounds that I naturally would not hear when the door-cover and its carpet are installed. It was one particular sound that was super cool -- a short high-pitch whistling sound that happens when gassing it -- just for a split second. So I'm curious to know what makes this sound -- the injectors or some air intake thing..?

-- peer
Old August 19th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #2
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer View Post
So today when driving my 986 without the engine cover (don't ask) I noticed a lot of sounds that I naturally would not hear when the door-cover and its carpet are installed. It was one particular sound that was super cool -- a short high-pitch whistling sound that happens when gassing it -- just for a split second. So I'm curious to know what makes this sound -- the injectors or some air intake thing..?

-- peer
Your motor is so happy you're driving it it whistles.
Old August 19th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #3
Peer

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore View Post
Your motor is so happy you're driving it it whistles.
HA -- at least there's someone who's happy of my driving.

- peer
Old August 19th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #4
offshore

Peer how's your Dansk exhaust doing? Mine still sounds awesome. Did you install headers or a cold air intake?
Old August 19th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #5
Peer

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore View Post
Peer how's your Dansk exhaust doing? Mine still sounds awesome. Did you install headers or a cold air intake?
Yep, the Dansk is one of the best upgrades I've done -- and that's all thanks to you, Ron. Right away the gas milage went up from 23.5 to almost 27 miles/gallon -- hence, quite a bit of HP gain there -- and of course, it sounds super nice too. I've done the intake snorkel mod, but no headers.

The mod I just finished yesterday was to remove the soft top, permanently (it's now a hard-top only), and then I made a see-through engine cover with 1/4 inch trapezoid cut laminated glass. That's why I was driving without the engine cover ;^)

-- peer
Old August 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #6
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer View Post
Yep, the Dansk is one of the best upgrades I've done -- and that's all thanks to you, Ron. Right away the gas milage went up from 23.5 to almost 27 miles/gallon -- hence, quite a bit of HP gain there -- and of course, it sounds super nice too. I've done the intake snorkel mod, but no headers.

The mod I just finished yesterday was to remove the soft top, permanently (it's now a hard-top only), and then I made a see-through engine cover with 1/4 inch trapezoid cut laminated glass. That's why I was driving without the engine cover ;^)

-- peer
Way cool, let's see some pics and think about the Evolution Motor Sports Cold Air Intake it brings on a roar at 3K rpm that is pure formula 1. I let one of our female members drive my Box the other day and her face lit up when it kicked in. She said "it sounds like a race car!!!"
Old September 29th, 2020, 09:56 AM   #7
lizbee

glad I found this site! thanks! Love
lizbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2020, 07:32 AM   #8
cherrykey

thank you so much for this! but my questionis how much is a tummy tuck? any ideas?
cherrykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2020, 07:33 AM   #9
cherrykey

im really interested on sharing with you guys the tummy tuck cost
cherrykey is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman