Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 1st, 2017, 12:07 AM   #1
jeddiabba

2006 Cayman S vs 2014 Cayman s

Both being sold by dealers. Looking at 2 used cars. The 2006 has 23k miles is 29k$, no warranty. Stick shift and is at local dealer.
2014 has 8k Miles is 55k$, is automatic and is in the west coast but was owned in NY.
Some discussion raises questions on the the shaft in the transmission in the 2006 unit. Any thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeddiabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2017, 12:00 PM   #2
mikefocke

Have you driven a stick before? Does the type/location of your typical driving routes lend itself to the auto or the manual? What do you want?

Options? Colors? Both meet your must haves?

Is the '14 a better car? Sure. They do make improvements. Worth that much more? I never felt the need to have the latest. I figured I could have 98% of the fun for less than half the cost and put the difference in the market.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2017, 07:36 PM   #3
jeddiabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
Have you driven a stick before? Does the type/location of your typical driving routes lend itself to the auto or the manual? What do you want?

Options? Colors? Both meet your must haves?

Is the '14 a better car? Sure. They do make improvements. Worth that much more? I never felt the need to have the latest. I figured I could have 98% of the fun for less than half the cost and put the difference in the market.

I have driven a stick before and am comfortable driving a stick.

Old March 4th, 2017, 07:36 PM   #4
jeddiabba

I have drive a stick and feel comfortable driving one . I am going to look for one that is cpo and under warranty

Old April 6th, 2017, 12:20 AM   #5
rameshscm

hi, Both the cars are good. Both being sold by local dealers.Looking at 2 used cars.
do Click adaalo.com online classifieds for buy/sell cars
rameshscm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2017, 03:49 AM   #6
Kreps

They're both pretty similar anyway.
Kreps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2017, 02:35 PM   #7
mikefocke

Cost versus risk. Everyone has different needs/wants. Both are low mileage.

I bought my two Boxsters at 28k and 42k. Maintained them well. They were more reliable than similar age/miles Hondas I had simultaneously. Stuff happens, roll them dice.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman