Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Racing

Racing Racing Forum - For racing and track day topics and discussions

Old April 2nd, 2002, 04:50 PM   #1
Boxster Spice

Poll - Skip Barber Racing School interest??

I am thinking about taking a racing school this Spring. Skippy sounds as good as any and Laguna looks awesome. Are there any other BABBLERs interested?

I'm thinking that we might be able to get a group discount if we can come up with a decent list of participants.

Besides, wouldn't it make it a lot more fun if we were out there driving laps with people that we knew?
Old April 2nd, 2002, 05:24 PM   #2
Boxster Ben

Count me in... *NM*

Old April 2nd, 2002, 05:32 PM   #3
Yoseif (01 AS/MB/MB)

Re: Poll - Skip Barber Racing School interest??

I'd love to but I don't know if I'll have the time and money. But definitely send me the info when you get it.

Yoseif
Old April 2nd, 2002, 06:46 PM   #4
Boxster Spice

I know the feeling.

I can get the time. I get 2 weeks a year and I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing than driving a race car. Well, okay, driving a faster race car. hehe

But I do have a hard time parting with that much cash for a 3 day class.

Anyway, I'll definitely keep everybody posted as things materialize. If we're lucky, we'll get enough interest to tempt them into giving us a price break. Jim Russel once offered some percentage off (10 or 20, I forget) if we signed up 20 people.

So, what we need first, is a list of commitments. Then we can try shopping that around and see who will give us the better deal.
Old April 3rd, 2002, 10:41 AM   #5
Patricia

Re: Poll - Skip Barber Racing School interest??

A couple of years ago, when I did Skippy at Laguna, they offered us a 10% discount if we could get 10 people. It was for a weekend that was really poorly attended, I don't know if they'd do that for a popular time. It turned out there were only 18 students total for that class, and 6 instructors. We didn't get the discount because only 2 of us went. But it was really fun going with a friend, and it was great only having 9 cars on the track at a time.

Pat, South Pasadena

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Racing