Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 25th, 2002, 08:11 PM   #1
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

With only 8K miles my S03's are pretty much gone.

Terribly disappointed in the wearability of these tires. I'm down to one of the wear bars on the right rear tire. Based on the driving to/from TBHL and the planned DE day I'll need new rear tires when I get back. Under 10K miles and 1 track day. My Pilot Sports went over 16K miles + 7 tracks days.

I figure the S03's are over twice as expensive per mile than the Pilot Sports were. I will be buying another set of S03's for the rear if I have enough tread left on the fronts. But after that I'll be going back to Pilot Sports. 'N' rated or not.
Old April 25th, 2002, 08:37 PM   #2
Norm Hughes

Re: With only 8K miles my S03's are pretty much gone.

Tom, I am having the same experience. With 7,000 miles and one DE day mine look like they may go only 10 to 12K. My P-Zeros went 18K with light use by the first driver the first 11K miles. Given the advertisements about high mileage and the tread wear number I am very surprised.
Old April 25th, 2002, 08:50 PM   #3
Catalog Guy

No more Bridgestones for me either

With only 3 track days and an autox, my S02's have gone 18k miles and down to the bars. But these have got to be the noisiest tires on the planet, as bad as my P Zeros from day one. Good luck with the next set. I am still undecided on my next brand for the replacements, but leaning toward the Michelins or the Rossos. BTW, there is a chart on Pirelli.com quantifying their amazing reductions in production cost per tire. Too bad all that efficiency still results in one of the highest price tires to choose from.
Old April 25th, 2002, 09:23 PM   #4
Danny

Re: With only 8K miles my S03's are pretty much gone.

Thats the reason I stayed away from them. I believe I can get anybody here some Dunlop SP 9000's or any other Dunlop's for a good price if anyone is intersted. I can also refer you to a place that gives awesome prices.
Old April 25th, 2002, 09:41 PM   #5
Catalog Guy

better than tire rack? *NM*

Old April 25th, 2002, 10:10 PM   #6
Chatter Box

I've got 12k on my S02's.

And I think I might have another 2 or 3k before I have to replace. I've been happy with them, but I am considering going nuts and going to Pilot Sport Cup's for my daily drivers. You only live once, right?
Old April 25th, 2002, 11:11 PM   #7
Danny

Give me specs and I'll find out for you...

Tell me brand,style,size
Old April 26th, 2002, 09:33 AM   #8
blk 2k 2.7

re. SO2's, is your tire wear even?... or inside out? *NM*

Old April 26th, 2002, 10:03 AM   #9
Steve B

12k also on my S02's and ...

they look like I will exceed the 18K I got with my PZeros.
Old April 26th, 2002, 04:00 PM   #10
Chatter Box

Even. But I've been running +5psi.

My fronts are wearing a little bit in the center so now I'm backing down to 31 to finish them off. I don't like the way S02's feel at 29/36 so I've been running +5 front and rear. The feel better and wear better.

I ran 36 on my contis and they wore out on the outside in less than 9k miles. S02s are supposed to wear faster than contis I think.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman