Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old January 2nd, 2004, 12:25 PM   #1
sinebubble

San Francisco repair shop advice

I looked at the Babbler recommended body repair shops, but I see that none are located in SF proper. Having sustained body damage to my 2000 Boxster this NYE, I am looking for recommendations on a good body repair shop located in the city. Has anyone used The Stable, for example?
sinebubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2004, 12:42 PM   #2
Paul in SF

Body Shops in SF

I didn't think the Stable did bodywork. I always thought they specialized in Air-cooled Porsches and that was it. I've used Fernando's in the past but the shop just got torn down and they're building something there (Gough St.). You might try Dawydiak on the corner of Franklin and Bush. They do lots of restoration work. Around the corner on Bush just before you get to Van Ness is a shop whose name escapes me, but I've seen numerous Porsches and other high-end cars in there. Best of luck and sorry you need a body shop.
Happy New Year.
Paul in SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2004, 12:47 PM   #3
sinebubble

Frank, thanks for the tip. I also called Europa on advice from Metric Motors. I'll get quotes from the places you mention as well.

BTW, the damage was caused when the car was parked during the day; I was not drinking and driving and crashing on NYE
sinebubble is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman