Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Forums > Porsche Macan

Porsche Macan Porsche Macan Forum

Old May 26th, 2014, 08:09 PM   #1
Tom M
Site Founder

Did a test drive in a Macan S

Thinking of replacing the 2008 Highlander Limited so I test drove a Macan S the other day and liked what I saw. I actually think it's a good compromise as I was thinking of possibly getting a Cayman but this would solve both problems of getting back into a Porsche and replacing the Toyota.

Not thrilled with the white the dealer has although it's optioned pretty nicely. The earliest allocation they have available is September so I've tentatively put a hold on that spot for a lightly optioned Jet Black Metallic w/Luxor Beige interior.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 08:16 AM   #2
Lash
Site Admin

Ooooh I want to drive a Macan!

I have spent quite a bit of driving time in the Cayenne, because it's the most common service loaner when I'm at the dealer, but have yet to drive a Macan. The more I read about it, the more I want one. Is limited availability really as bad as I read? I guess so if you're going to have to wait until September to get what you really want.

Did you drive the Base and S version? If so, how noticeable was the extra power output?

Trade the Highlander in! Women will love you and men will fear you lol

When you trade it in, we want pics!
Old May 29th, 2014, 05:08 AM   #3
Tom M
Site Founder

Right now the base version is the S and the next level up is the Turbo. For my needs the S is plenty of power.

As far as availability goes it varies widely and some dealers have quite a few. The local Indianapolis dealer only got a handful in and 2-3 we're customer cars. I think they sold one of their allocation cars so now they've got 2 left and whichever doesn't sell will be the demo until they get more in.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2014, 10:37 AM   #4
Lash
Site Admin

I was at Barber Motorsports this past weekend and had an opportunity to check out a Macan S. I loved it! Way more than the Cayenne. Porsche is going to sell a lot of these!

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Forums > Porsche Macan