Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old June 3rd, 2007, 12:54 AM   #11
boxs2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by napaboxster
I am having the same issue with my '98 and it is getting very loud and squeeky. My research and quick rack time with an Indy in Napa has lead to the conclusion that it is a lower control arm bushing with a cracked boot allowing the elements in to deteriorate the bushing. I am currently checking pricing on the replacement part. They range in pricing from $350 (Auto Whrse) & $850 (Pelican). Hey Boxs2000 & Boxster Boy, have you ever replaced a control arm? Might be a good project for a Wrench Day Soon! I have been eyeing the M030 suspension upgrade for a $1000 as well so I might just have the indy do all the work. I really want to avoid spending a grand to fix a squeek though! Was wondering if the bushing could be replaced? Call me if you any of you have experience with the control arm. I can get the parts pretty quickly. I have a Bentley coming in the mail. Check out PPBB also, I have been proposing a lot of questions over there and have had a lot of response. I'm at a point were I need to make a final decision and order parts. I am leaning towards purchasing the M030 and taking it to the indy for install and have him fix the control arm while he's in there. That said, I'm still up for a Wrench Day soon! I am a bit short on tools but do have the basics. Still need a torque wrench though. How about Saturday June 22nd for a Wrench Day?
Sorry buddy I'm at Disneyland from 22-25... send me an email with the part numbers you need so that I can get you a quote.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman