Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 30th, 2007, 10:07 AM   #1
seabee

First time porsche Boxter buyer

I'm a long time admirer of the Porsche and a first time buyer, Maybe?
The Boxster looks great and I would be interested in a used model,basic or S, years 2002 through 2005.

What is the smart thinking as to year and also the best maintainence record.
I've read the general guideline but would like more definitive guidance.
Comments are much appriciated,
Seabee
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:50 AM   #2
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

Welcome! Two words: Mike Focke - He has a great reference site that will get you well on your way to Boxster ownership:

http://mike.focke.googlepages.com/mi...oxsterwebpages
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:59 AM   #3
Tom M
Site Founder

You can check out the FAQ forum or Mike's pages for additional info.
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 01:36 PM   #4
sicking

I would recommend getting an S. For the early ones (around 2000 - 2002) the difference is only around $5000, and you'll get a whole lot more car. The extra 50hp are really noticeable, and having a 6th gear really makes you feel like you have a sports car.

And if you start racing or autocrossing (which is a ton of fun) you'll really like the extra engine power and better breaks.

Both the S and non-S changes significantly 2003 and 2005, which made them both much nicer and more expensive. Especially the glass window that came in 2003 is a nice touch. So it depends on how much you're willing to spend.

But remember that a 2000S has more power than even a 2007 standard, and is a lot cheaper . Though the later models do have a lot of nice things for sure.

/ Jonas
sicking is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman