Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old June 4th, 2007, 01:47 PM   #1
newt

Removing Tape Residue from Tinted window??

Anyone have any suggestion for removing tape residue from the inside of a tinted window? A friend of my son has VW GTI 1.8 Turbo he bought used. Someone posted a letter size paper on iside of window (For Sale sign?). I tried removing tape and residue with razor blade. I was very careful but scratched titning anyway. Had to stop because the tinting is very soft. I am afraid to use Goof Off becasue it may destroy window. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #2
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

I just saw a post on PPBB where lime juice was suggested by the paintless dent removal tech to remove the adhesive residue used during the procedure. I wouldn't imagine that would damage tinting, but no guarantee.
Old June 4th, 2007, 02:26 PM   #3
Tom M
Site Founder

I would think rubbing alchohol would work as well. Just don't use it on a window that has defroster wire screened onto it as it will also disolve that!
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2007, 06:41 AM   #4
newt

Thanks

Thanks....we will try these remedies and let you know how it goes
newt is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman