Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old June 14th, 2007, 10:46 PM   #1
beegee

Detailers?

Can anyone recommend a good detailer? I'm in the Redwood City area, so something in the proximity would be good or if you've had a good experience with a mobile detailer...

Please respond with what they charged you for what car.

I looked in the Recommendations section, but didn't see much there.
beegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:02 PM   #2
Gerry

the only one that I could think of is AJ Auto Detailing near SJ airport...they are really, really good

Been there so many times...it's about 8-10 miles from where am at

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 12:35 AM   #3
davezaristo

i can do it for you since i am in San Mateo...ehheh...

Seriously, i would just save the money and DIY if you have the time..it doesn't take that long to detail a boxster since it is pretty small..i typcially zaino and do a major detail for the interior every 6 months and it will be nice and shiny...
davezaristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 07:45 AM   #4
beegee

the problem is the sprinklers got to it and I got some some hard water spots. even after a wash and some clay bar, they don't seem to come out easily.

any suggestions for products to use?
Old June 15th, 2007, 08:41 AM   #5
dougmack

AJ's is the answer

If you've got water spots, etc then I'd definitely take it to AJ's.

I take care of my Boxster myself (keeping it spotless along with autocrossing are therapy for me). But, I took my wife's Volvo to AJ's a couple of weeks ago. It had serious water spotting and some birds had successfully used it for target practice. It looked brand new when I picked it up. They hand washed it, clayed it, hand waxed it and thoroughly detailed it... Perfect!

It'll take a while - all that hand labor takes time. We dropped the car off and came back 5-6 hours later to pick it up.

Doug
dougmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 12:58 PM   #6
davezaristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee
the problem is the sprinklers got to it and I got some some hard water spots. even after a wash and some clay bar, they don't seem to come out easily.

I do have some compound that would remove the water spot and you can try it out if you like. The degree of success varies since it depends how long the waterspot has sat on it. I can't remember what brand it was but i got those at a wholesaler in Hayward (can't remember the name of the shop) and i can bring it with me and you can try it if you are coming to the autox tomorrow. Let me know..
davezaristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 01:30 PM   #7
Tom M
Site Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee

Vinegar.

For the proper way to attack the problem see this article.
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 02:32 PM   #8
beegee

thanks for all the great recommendations!
Old June 18th, 2007, 10:47 PM   #9
am_ver

Just do it yourself... order Klasse AIO & P21S wax at www.autopia.com - spend half a day waxing and you will be glad! Luxury detailers (El cam south of hillsdale) look good - but I would never trust anyone to do (wash) my baby!!
am_ver is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman