Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old June 17th, 2007, 05:03 AM   #1
Willy

Arghhh.

I managed to bump my motorcycle with the nose of my S. It put a small crease in the front bumper cover, right above the license plate.

Anybody have any idea on how this is fixed? Whole piece replaced? Fill the crease and repaint? Cost projections?

Thanks.
Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2007, 11:27 AM   #2
baxter

is the clear coat damaged? is it just a crease without paint damage? paintless dent repair will do a great job if there is no damage to the paint. if it works, it won't cost very much at all. i replaced the right rear quarter panal for $1200 total, including painting, if you have to go that route.
Old June 17th, 2007, 01:54 PM   #3
Dr. Zoom

If the crease isn't too bad you might try heating the area with a hair dryer as I seem to recall that this can help lessen the severity of the dent.
Dr. Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2007, 04:41 PM   #4
Willy

Paint is scratched. I figure I am screwed. I think the crease is too deep for a hair dryer to help.
Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2007, 06:16 PM   #5
Tom M
Site Founder

I've read about people having the bumper repaired but I think it winds up costing about the same to buy a used one in good condition and just have it painted. Heck, you might get lucky and even find one that's the right color.

Check with you dealer for any customer takeoffs or check eBay.
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.