Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk

Car Talk For topics and discussions about all makes and models

Old September 7th, 2008, 12:01 AM   #11
Grantsfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJ View Post
Grant.... since I know you (a little) I can say, 'what a load of crap'. Do you enjoy intentionally misleading people? You're going to modify that car and whip us all again - only this time with the Boxster!

cheers,

kj
Yes I'm a trouble maker. However Boxster will be harder to drive fast than a 1750 lb 914. ...and It is tougher to tear into the Boxster than the 914. My wife and I cruised up the coast to Halfmoon Bay in the Boxster today and it was nice to have stereo, comfortable seats, etc.

I'm really focused on a fast, but streetable Boxster that may or may not be as fast as my 914 in AX. Pretty sure it will be a faster track car when I'm finnished. I'm seriously thinking about a V8 or a 3.4 conversion. It would be a differnt type of car than the 914-6, more a HP car.
Old September 7th, 2008, 07:54 AM   #12
Docdanracy

Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 08:55 AM   #13
Kirk

I'm going to vote for reason #2, although with an emphasis on overall performance, not specifically racing. I've got a car for autocrossing, so having a second wasn't really a priority for me. But the Boxster has such great handling, power, and braking that driving it in a spirited fashion, even just on an on-ramp, is quite enjoyable. I never really considered how much of a status symbol it is though until other people started making a BIG deal about me having a Porsche. To me though it's not a status symbol, just a great performing car. Plus now the bug has bit to race it a bit, so it turns out maybe it will see some track time and certainly some autocrossing with it.

Kirk
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:18 AM   #14
edevlin

I got mine to drive. I have put on almost 40K on the car since I got it two years ago. I have decided not to do autocrossing, or DE's, mostly because I could not afford it if I buggered the car up. BTW, I am lucky to get 5K out of a set of rear PS2's....

Edd

2000 2.7L Boxster 80K
TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats
Autothority ECU chip
Bilstein coilovers
Racing Dynamics strut brace
stress-bar suspension kit
Aasco lightweight flywheel, 18" wheels
JL audio speakers, amps and subwoofer
B&M short shiftkit
litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 10:47 AM   #15
akif

Quote:
Originally Posted by edevlin View Post
I got mine to drive. I have put on almost 40K on the car since I got it two years ago. I have decided not to do autocrossing, or DE's, mostly because I could not afford it if I buggered the car up. BTW, I am lucky to get 5K out of a set of rear PS2's....

Edd

Wow, Ed. I browsed through some of the pages on your website, and it was good to "get to know you"

You've lead and are leading an interesting life.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3306/...9daf3a22_t.jpg
Photo Blog My Boxster/Babblers' Photos
Babblers Photos on Flickr
akif is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk