Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old January 18th, 2005, 04:10 AM   #1
Mark Griffin

Drivers side window problem?

I had developed a window problem. Which turned out to be an a broken wire in between the door and the fuse box. But before finding this problem, I had stripped down the whole mechanism to find if it was running freely. I have reassembled this and the window was moving up and down nicely.

Problem 1: the window does not go fully up into the gutter. about 5 mm short.

Problem 2: the window does not retract properly on the door handle when the door is opened.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Mark
Mark Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 09:37 AM   #2
KenJ

When I used the 'one touch'

feature, my driver's side window would go up to about the point you describe and then come completely down. I could only control it by holding the switch until it was completely up - then, like yours, mine wouldn't (automatically) come down enough to clear the door frame when I was ready to exit. (I've got an '03).

The dealer suggested 'cylcing' the switch which was to reset the window. It involves holding the switch until the window is completely up and continue holding the switch for several seconds. Do the same for the down stop. Try it several times. This alledgedly fixes many window travel issues.

Unfortunately, it didn't work for my car. The window 'controller' malfunctioned and is part of the window motor - it needed to be replaced. I don't know what year your car is, but mine was a warranty item.

Good luck,

kj
KenJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman