Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 11th, 2002, 04:11 PM   #1
Adit

Help - Dashboard/gauges suddenly dead?

Quick question -- when I got in my car to drive back to the office from lunch today, the dashboard of my Boxster S was completely dead -- no digital displays, no speedometer, no tach, no gas/temp gauges -- any ideas? Think it's a fuse? Help?!

Thanks,
Adit
'01 986S Lapis/Black/Black
Palo Alto, CA
Old April 11th, 2002, 04:24 PM   #2
Tool Pants

Re: Help - Dashboard/gauges suddenly dead?

So you remember us. A few of the Babblers put in your cd changer on 10/21/00, on your '01 Boxster with PSM, the first such install.

I got my Tool Pants name that day from Dan, and we never heard from you since then. Hope is has been fun.

Tom's pic of that cd changer day.

Jeff, San Jose

Old April 11th, 2002, 07:45 PM   #3
jaime howell

Re: Help - Dashboard/gauges suddenly dead?

are your analog guages working?? if so it maybe the the lights (3 of them that are out) is the problem. sometimes they become loose, for about 3 months i would wack the top of the guage console with my fist that would fix my odometer light... evenually i had tom help me replace a couple of lights in that same parking lot as your repair...it is easy if you are a wizard like jeff or tom, not if you are a klutz like me...
Old April 11th, 2002, 09:43 PM   #4
Catalog Guy

Yes

A socket wrench spinning back and forth tucked partially into your back pocket as you walked around and between Boxsters and then the chisel pocking up from your back pocket as you climbed into Boxsters. Dan finally said something. That day you really did earn the moniker.
Old April 11th, 2002, 09:49 PM   #5
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Where's the picture? I know Dan caught at least one shot! *NM*

Old April 12th, 2002, 01:56 AM   #6
Jay in SF

yeah! i want the shot with me reaaaaally worried. *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman