Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 15th, 2002, 04:10 PM   #1
Scott Fisher (Redwood Shores)

New Carlsen shop may be coming around.....

Just got back from C.A. to pick my baby with new shoes(Kumho V700's). Interesting breakdown of rubber on my 1st set of pzeros on the fronts. There was significant seperation of rubber which led to substantial vibration after Willows 2 weeks ago. I was hoping to save the fronts for future remount, but large strips of tread were gone @14.5k on the inside half of tire...oh well.

So on the way home I decided to stop at the new CArlsen dealer for 15k service goodies...oil/filter, pollen filter. The parts guy was very pleasant as was the cashier...good so far(I'm big on customer service). So I stop in at the service desk and asked Brian if they would perform an inspection service on my car while I did the fluid and filter changes. He was very accomadating and said that would be no problem and quoted me approx. 1-1.5 hr labor with cost $125-150. I said most excellent.. and would call him for an appointment. I might be able to work with these guys

Old August 15th, 2002, 09:05 PM   #2
Scott Fisher (Redwood Shores)

pzero tire pic

A guy at C.A.(forgot his name) said it looked like the primary rubber seperated from the secondary rubber under extreme heat or a fixed skip(Willows turn 1). Anyways, I thought this was sort of interesting. The other tire BTW also showed some rubber seperation/demarkation but no stripping like this one.

Old August 16th, 2002, 08:26 AM   #3
scott from belmont

yes, brian at carlsen is great...

had them install some S brakes a couple weeks ago at the new shop. everyone's attitude is so much happier in the new building.

sdg

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman