Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 18th, 2003, 08:19 AM   #1
Bob Sands

CD Changer

I cannot access my CD Changer. When I press the "S" key on the radio, the tuner and CD options toggle. Any idea on how I can get the CD Changer to show up?
Old February 18th, 2003, 09:12 AM   #2
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Re: CD Changer

Assuming you do have a CDC just press the 'S' button again. I sometimes have to cycle through it a second time to get the CDC to display. I think you also need to have a cartridge loaded for the selection process to work, though I'm not positive about that.
Old February 18th, 2003, 09:16 AM   #3
Chatter Box

Yes, and this is a feature.

The radio defaults to toggle back and forth between the 2 most often used and requires an extra push or two to break through to the 3rd source.

I don't remember about the cartridge thing but that very well could be as well. I don't think I ever didn't have a cartridge in the changer so I never tested that.
Old February 18th, 2003, 09:32 AM   #4
Bob Sands

Re: Yes, and this is a feature.

I read about the toggle feature and tried pressing the S key multiple times and still cannot see the CD Changer as an option.
Old February 18th, 2003, 09:45 AM   #5
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

You do have a CDC don't you *NM*

Old February 18th, 2003, 11:46 AM   #6
Bob Sands

Re: You do have a CDC don't you

Yes, a five CD changer right below the stereo. For some reason, the stereo is not able to toggle to it.
Old February 18th, 2003, 11:58 AM   #7
Eddie from SoCal

Oh no. That may be the CD shelf, which just holds the CD's. If you had a CD changer, it would be in the front trunk. Unless, you have an aftermarket system? If so, I don't think there are aftermarket changers (other than Becker) that are compatable with the stock system.
Old February 18th, 2003, 12:00 PM   #8
Bob Sands

That explains it! Thanks for the information.
Old February 18th, 2003, 12:10 PM   #9
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

It's really easy to do an after delivery installation if you're so motivated. It's a little more difficult on an '03 as it's a different system entirely. Just follow the link at the bottom of the page to see how a group of us did it.

CD Changer Installation
Old February 19th, 2003, 01:03 PM   #10
Ad Sach(AZ)

How come you have shiny buttons?

My Boxster (02S) has matte finish buttons. That isn't a 996 photo is it?

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman