Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 8th, 2003, 05:35 PM   #1
Strat

CD Changer Install Question

Purchased a CD changers (CDC-3) off of ebay. Does the changer require a code to activate?

Basically the seller doesn't appear to have a code (S/N) card which corresponds to the changer. I thought that not only the radio, but also the changer requires a code to activate. Am I wrong about the changer?
Old April 8th, 2003, 05:44 PM   #2
Tool Pants

Re: CD Changer Install Question - no code is needed for changer *NM*

Old April 8th, 2003, 05:57 PM   #3
Strat

Re: CD Changer Install Question - PSM Issue

Good deal!

One of the online CD changer step-by-step installation instructions includes the following caution related to a car equipped with PSM.

“WARNING: If you have a car equipped with PSM then the bracket must be modified by cutting away the part that would rub on the hydraulic lines. It is also necessary to remove portions of the plastic that serves to cover and protect these lines. Though most of the areas to be cut are readily apparent please use due caution when doing so.”

To date I have not seen such an install. Does one cut the three plastic bridges marked in the enclosed picture? Do the U-clips hook into the plastic or underlying structure?

The passage quoted above states that the changer bracket must be modified to prevent rubbing on the PSM’s hydraulic lines. What in fact must be done to the bracket?

Old April 8th, 2003, 06:33 PM   #4
Tool Pants

I think we covered this on the video we shot the past few Saturdays

That picture looks like Adit's 2001 car - the first I saw with PSM. I notched the metal mounting bracket and cut out the plastic web with a utility knife. Where did you get that picture? I did this over 2 years ago. Funny thing is, I saw my friend Chris at our local dealer was doing the same thing a few months later when installing a cd changer on a PSM car when I stopped by for a visit.

Old April 8th, 2003, 06:58 PM   #5
Strat

Re: I think we covered this on the video we shot the past few Saturdays

I reluctently used a picture from "Tom M's" CD changer installation instructions. I should have included an attribution in the prior email.

I just ordered the bracket, etc for the changer install and have not received it yet. It looks like the bracket passes through the plastic cover and locks into u-clamps (fitted into slots in the chassis). Is this correct?
Old April 8th, 2003, 08:08 PM   #6
Tool Pants

Correct - picture of the 2 clips w/ carpet removed for the video *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman