Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 10th, 2002, 12:19 PM   #1
Jim

Squeaky Brakes

Just got my '02 Boxster S, 900 miles on it and the brakes squeak pretty bad when lightly applied, they seem normal when braking at higher speeds (i.e. off ramps), is this "normal"?
Old August 10th, 2002, 01:06 PM   #2
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Re: Squeaky Brakes

Not surprisingly, the standard answer is pretty much to step on them harder

If you normally use the brakes pretty lightly they can build up a glaze on the surfaces which can contribute to the sqealing. A few hard stops from a decent speed can help break up the glaze. Other than that the brakes do tend to make a bit of noise a slower speeds. I've got 28K+ miles on my S and I basically don't pay attention to the noise anymore (although I don't consider mine to be bad.)
Old August 11th, 2002, 06:17 PM   #3
Jim

Re: Squeaky Brakes

Thanks that seemed to work, after driving another 150 miles, putting me over the 1000 mile "break in period", I let the car do what it was design to do. No more squeaking, and I also want to thank the weather, I think it was too hot for the cop to pull me over as he looked up from his report he was writing.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman