Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Racing

Racing Racing Forum - For racing and track day topics and discussions

Old July 30th, 2004, 07:46 AM   #11
dougmack

My struggle

I feel that I really have to work on my braking.

It seems that when I really get into the ABS, its usually because I've started braking too late, I'm anticipating seeing the apex fly by, and assassinating a large quantity of cones. The funny consequence is that once I've engaged it, my right leg becomes rigid and I have trouble getting back out of it. Of course by then I've really got the car upset and I've screwed up the corner entry.

On the other hand, if I start braking earlier, I don't get into the ABS.

There has to be a middle point...

I think I really need a lot of practice. Its a good thing we've got a two day zone event coming up along with a 2 day course.

Doug
dougmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Racing